Thursday, October 04, 2007

imagine that this is the best title you've ever read.

I want to be things. So many things. Things that I wonder if I'll ever be, or if it's even possible to be them. Maybe nobody can actually be all of those things and the sheer fact of wanting to be them is setting myself up for inevitable failure. There are so many things in life I want to experience. I want to be rich--to spend money without thought. I want to be poor--to know the feeling of an empty stomach and no way to fill it. I want to risk my life for a cause I believe in so strongly that I would gladly pay the ultimate price. I want to walk in a park, hand-in-hand with the one I love when we're 80. I want to experience earth shattering, gut wrenching heartbreak that drives me to my knees. I want to give up everything I have and live a life of radical faith. I want to bake cookies with my grandchildren--my silver hair in a bun and an apron around my waist. I want to travel to places I've never been and talk with people I've never met about things I've never thought about. I want to die peacefully, surrounded by the ones I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home